Alan Ingham Award
The winner of the annual Alan Ingham Award will:
- receive a personal cheque for £500, a framed certificate and an appropriate gift
- have a 1500-2000 word feature article based on their dissertation published in the Society's quarterly magazine Soundings
- be The Hydrographic Society UK's nominee for the prestigious IFHS Student Award and the chance to win £1,500 plus a trip to its Hydro conference and present a paper based on their dissertation studies to a truly international audience including some of the most influential names in global hydrography.‡
In the event that this person does not win the IFHS Student Award and its associated prize package, The Hydrographic Society UK will offer them an additional £500 towards the cost of attending Hydro or a similar event (subject to prior approval of the event and on production of receipts). ‡
In addition, up to two runners-up prizes will be awarded each year. Runners-up will:
- receive a personal cheque for £150, a framed certificate and an appropriate gift
- have a feature article based on their dissertation published in the Society's quarterly magazine Soundings
To be eligible a candidate must have been a bona fide full-time student on a relevant undergraduate or post-graduate level course at some point during the 12 months preceding the closing date for entries.
All nominees must declare that, if successful, they are willing and able to present a paper during the Student Presentation Session at the next Hydro conference; if they are unable to do so the prize may be withdrawn and/or offered to another candidate.
All entries must be submitted using the official Entry Form which can be downloaded below.
All forms must be endorsed by tutor/lecturer at the university where they are/were studying.
‡ See Terms & Conditions on reverse of the Entry Form
|Title and description||Download|
|Alan Ingham Award|
Information and Entry Form