Soundings is The Hydrographic Society UK's quarterly newsletter.
Soundings is circulated to all members by post. If you would like receive regular copies of Soundings please consider becoming a member.
If you would like to contribute to or advertise in Soundings, please contact the Editor, Helen Atkinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copy Deadlines: All copy must be supplied by the following deadlines
Spring Issue: 1st March
Summer Issue: 1st June
Autumn Issue: 1st September
Winter Issue: 1st January
No. 70 - Winter 2017
Table of contents
- From the Federation
- From the Chairman
- Membership News
- Corporate Members Directory
- International News
- Meet the Board | John Fraser
- Around the Regions
- News from the Royal Navy
- Feature | Enabling New Technologies in Seabed Geodesy
- Feature | Heuristic Tidal Advisor: An Innovative Algorithm for Tidal Prediction
- Feature | The Surveyor's Role in FPSO Development
- Feature | Multibeam Operations and Data Interpretation at the BGS
- Events in Focus | Hydro 2016
- Education | Revised Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors
- Recollections of Hydrography 'Back in the Day'
Cover: British Geological Survey's 9m survey catamaran White Ribbon on the Firth of Forth, Scotland
Reproduced with the permission of the British Geological Survey © NERC. All rights reserved